Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Present in the Moment

At the base of Exit Glacier, where the gray run off waters run over the smooth black pebbles, I sit beside the stream watching the sun dip behind the snowcapped peaks. Naturally I equate this moment as the ideal moment to find my inner peace so I meditate. Like so many of my meditation practices, in my attempt to be fully present in the moment during meditation I find my mind wandering to insignificant moments in the days prior and plans for the days to come. I glance to the flowing water beside me and realize that in this present moment in time the water that is called stream, was once called glacier, and eventually will be given the title of ocean. However, in that instant, in that present moment, what it was and what it will be are insignificant to what it is now. The water is ever flowing, ever changing, and the beauty was in the significance of noticing the present, acknowledging it, and being mindfully immersed.

No comments:

Post a Comment